Information we collect and how we use it
We only collect information that is relevant to the purpose of providing you with the best possible experience of our Services. We collect many different types of information through several different ways, including but not limited to:
- User Generated Data – This data is generated by you during your use of the Services.
- How we use User Generated Data. We track User Generated Data for two purposes:
Logged Data – Logged data is collected by our servers about connections, devices and network conditions while a User is connected to the Service.
- Aggregate Analysis – in aggregate, to increase performance, to discover bugs, to increase User efficiency and to enhance the overall experience for all Users in the system.
- Personalization – at the User level, to provide a personalized experience of the Services for each User.
Cookies – Cookies are small files stored on your device with information that comes from us.
- How we collect Log Data. We collect and store certain types of system log data whenever you interact with the Service, including search terms, pages viewed, the IP address, (with more information on how we use your IP address below in the “IP Addresses” section), the browser brand and version, what device is being used and the operating system of the device.
- How we use Logged Data. We collect logged data to better understand which devices are using the Service and their performance levels in order to continually optimize our software and Services to provide the most efficient and stable service to Users.
- How cookies are created. Our servers send information to your browser and then store that information in a text file on your device. Each time our servers connect to that same browser, we then can read and update that cookie with more information.
- How cookies are used. The main purpose of utilizing cookies is to provide a customized experience or a more efficient experience each time you visit the Services. We use two types of cookies: Persistent Cookies and Session Cookies.
- Persistent Cookies – These are cookies that persist after you have logged out of the Services. We use Persistent Cookies to maintain information between logged in sessions.
- Session Cookies – These are cookies that only exist during a logged in session. We use Session Cookies to use information about a specific session to enhance User experience.
- How we collect IP Addresses. Like most web sites, each time you visit the Site, we automatically collect your IP address and the web page from which you came.
- How we use IP Addresses. In order to administer and optimize the Site for you and to diagnose problems with our Site, we use your IP address to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information about you.
- How we collect Phone Numbers. We may offer you the ability to text us to receive relevant information regarding our Services, and either Famous or our third party text providers may save your number as part of this process.
- How we use Phone Numbers. We use these phone numbers to identify when a text link, or other information sent to you via text message, has failed so that we may correct the issue and follow up accordingly.
Other Uses of Collected Information. In addition to collecting information to deliver our Services, improve our Services, develop content, help Users manage their accounts, and communicate with Users, we may also use collected information as described more fully in a separate agreement that we may have with individual Users.
How we contact you. We may contact you in connection with your transactions and other activities on in connection with the Services, including, but not limited to, confirmation emails, or to deliver important news that could affect your relationship with the Services.
Sharing of your information
- Personally Identifiable Information – Personally Identifiable Information is information that can be used to specifically identify, contact or locate a single person or can be used in conjunction with other sources to uniquely identify a single individual. The Services contain your Personally Identifiable Information. If you choose to provide Famous with your information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers, which may be located in the United States.
- Operations. We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with our agents, representatives, contractors and service providers so they can provide us with support services to operate the Site. We require these entities not to use your information for any other purpose.
- Required by Law. Famous reserves the right to disclose Personally Identifiable Information from both private and public areas of the Site at our discretion, (i) if required by law, or (ii) to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process.
- Aggregated Non-Personally Identifiable Data – We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information to outside third parties to facilitate the Services, to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of the Services, to analyze and understand how the Services are used and for sales and marketing purposes.
- “Do Not Track Requests” – We do not track or respond to browser “do not track” requests.
Information storage and protection
- Passwords – User’s use of the Services may require the creation of an account and password which is controlled by the User. Users may change their password at any time. In order to maintain your password protection, do not give your password to anyone. If you share a computer, you should sign out of your Famous account and close the browser window before someone else logs on. This will help protect your information entered on public terminals from disclosure to third parties. If you think that your password has been stolen, please contact Famous immediately.
- Information Security – Famous utilizes commercially reasonable safeguards, and relies on commercially reasonable standards of practice to ensure that we safeguard information to the best of our ability. However, we cannot guarantee that our efforts will prevent information retrieval methods that we cannot predict. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that your information will not be accessed, altered, destroyed or disclosed to unauthorized parties, and you use our Site and Services at your own risk.
- Notification of Compromised Service – If at any time, your account or other accounts are compromised, Famous will make any legally required disclosures in a reasonable time to you via the email account that you provided us on your account.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Notice
In accordance with the DMCA, the text of which may be found on the U.S. Copyright Office website at http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf, Famous will respond expeditiously to claims of copyright infringement committed using the Site that are reported to Famous’ Designated Copyright Agent, identified in the sample notice below.
If you are a copyright owner, or are authorized to act on behalf of one, or authorized to act under any exclusive right under copyright, please report alleged copyright infringements taking place on or through the Site by completing the following DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement and delivering it to Famous’ Designated Copyright Agent. Upon receipt of the Notice as described below, Famous will take whatever action, in its sole discretion, it deems appropriate, including removal of the challenged material from the Site. DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement ("Notice"):
- Identify the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, or—if multiple copyrighted works are covered by this Notice—you may provide a representative list of the copyrighted works that you claim have been infringed.
- Identify (i) the material that you claim is infringing (or to be the subject of infringing activity) and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material, including at a minimum, if applicable, the URL of the link shown on the site where such material may be found, and (ii) the reference or link, to the material or activity that you claim to be infringing, that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate that reference or link, including at a minimum, if applicable, the URL of the link shown on the Site where such reference or link may be found.
- Provide your mailing address, telephone number, and, if available, email address.
- Include both of the following statements in the body of the Notice:
Provide the full legal name and electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.Deliver this Notice, with all items completed, to Famous’ Designated Copyright Agent: Famous Copyright Agent at 188 King Street, PH2, San Francisco, CA 94107 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material or reference or link to such material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use)."
- "I hereby state that the information in this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed."
You acknowledge that Famous may, at its own discretion, reveal the IP address of your web server to alleged copyright holders who have filed complaints with us.
Famous Industries, Inc.
188 King Street, PH2
San Francisco, CA 94107